Steak and Green Bean Soup
- 1 pound steak cubed
- 3 cups chopped green beans
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large crock cooker, place the steak and green beans.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining 8 ingredients (garlic through cornstarch).
- Pour sauce over the steak and green beans and cover. Cook for 6 to 8 hours, until beef is cooked through and very tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce (not iceberg-no nutrition), salad veggies and low carb salad dressing) GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 565 Calories; 42g Fat (66.3% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 145mg Cholesterol; 135mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 7 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!