Shrimp and Kale Chowder
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 14-oz. cans full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Place all ingredients in a large crock cooker; blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until shrimp are cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Roasted Veggies: A combination of sliced beets, large Brussels sprouts (cut in half lengthwise), plus cauliflower florets - all pieces should be the same size. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and choice of herbs/spices then spread in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast in a preheated 400-degree oven, turning once, till tender. NUTRITION: 497 Calories; 31g Fat (54.3% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 487mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!