Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 pound chicken livers (or 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs), chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large orange sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients (chicken through chicken broth).
- In a large Dutch oven, place all the ingredients and cover. Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes,
- stirring halfway through. Uncover Dutch oven and cook an additional 15 minutes, until vegetables are brown around the edges and tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 313 Calories; 9g Fat (23.9% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 498mg Cholesterol; 189mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!