Potato Chicken Bake
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 3 cups cubed russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus additional for baking dish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked and chopped bacon
- 1 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce, potatoes and mix well.
- Coat baking dish with olive oil. Add potatoes and keep excess sauce in the bowl.
- Bake potatoes for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- While potatoes bake add the cubed chicken to bowl with leftover sauce.
- In a separate bowl mix together cheese, bacon and green onion.
- Once potatoes are done, add the chicken then layer toppings over chicken. Bake for additional 15 minutes or until chicken is done and cheese is melted. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breast and omit the bacon. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure hot sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: 589 Calories; 36g Fat (56.0% calories from fat); 46g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 119mg Cholesterol; 1672mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!