Pork Sausage and Slaw
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bag dry coleslaw mix
- Sliced green onion for garnish
- Brown sausage in a large skillet on medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, soy sauce, and ginger. Set aside.
- Once sausage is cooked through, add the dry coleslaw mix to skillet and stir to combine. Pour soy sauce mixture into the skillet and stir, continuing to cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until cabbage is slightly wilted.
- Serve topped with sliced green onion.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: 499 Calories; 46g Fat (83.0% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 2815mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 8 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!