Pork and Rice Stir-Fry
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 pork sausages diced
- 3 large carrots cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh green peas
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 large green onions sliced lengthwise
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of oil. Continue stirring until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Continue heating skillet on medium high heat and add garlic. Fry for 2 minutes. Add the rice, soy sauce and sesame oil. Fry for 5 minutes more. Put into a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the rest of olive oil and the sausages. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, peas and oyster sauce. Cooking and stirring for another 2 minutes. Put the rice back in and stir to mix. Stir fry for 3 minutes or until the mixture is very hot. Add the eggs and the green onions. Stir for 1 minute. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use cubed tofu instead of pork sausages. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and oyster sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 418 Calories; 19g Fat; 11g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 364mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!