Pistachio Crusted Trout
- 1/3 cup toasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 medium skin on trout filets
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a food processor, blend the first 4 ingredients (pistachios through salt and pepper). Pour pistachio mixture into a large bowl.
- Dip each filet (side without the skin) into the egg then into the pistachio mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the coconut oil. To the skillet, place the trout, pistachio crust side down.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until crust is golden brown, and then flip the fish over.
- Cook an additional 3 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!