Minestrone Beef Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 medium bay leaves
- 2 cups chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large leeks chopped
- 1 large jalapeno diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- In a large crock cooker, add all the ingredients and stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky Stir-Fried Baby Spinach (Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 (10-oz) package baby spinach; cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste). NUTRITION: 572 Calories; 30g Fat (46.9% calories from fat); 46g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 117mg Cholesterol; 528mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!