Mango and Shrimp Cabbage Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped mango
- 1 pound shrimp deveined and shelled
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the first 6 ingredients (shallot through mango). Cook for 7 minutes, until mango is tender.
- To the skillet, add the shrimp. Cook for 10 minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- In a large serving bowl, mix the shrimp with the cabbage and cilantro and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork NUTRITION: 201 Calories; 2g Fat (9.8% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 192mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!