Lemon Chicken Bake
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus spears chopped
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until chicken is brown.
- In a large baking dish, layer the asparagus, spinach and onion. In a large bowl, mix the 5 remaining ingredients (garlic through salt and pepper) with the chicken.
- Pour the chicken mixture on top of the spinach and cover. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 229 Calories; 7g Fat (25.0% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 131mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!