Herb and Garlic Meatballs with Veggie Stir-Fry
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg beat
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or almond meal
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (beef through thyme). Form meat mixture into meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until brown.
- To the skillet, add the zucchini and broccoli and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until meatballs are cooked to desired level of doneness and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 409 Calories; 34g Fat (75.7% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 149mg Cholesterol; 102mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!