Ham and Cabbage Soup
- 1 large ham steak cubed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large crock cooker, add all the ingredients (ham through salt and pepper) and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, Until ham is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 169 Calories; 2g Fat (9.9% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 11mg Cholesterol; 1034mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!