Grilled Chile Pork Chops with Watermelon Feta Salad
- 6 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 limes juiced and zested
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
- 6 cups cubed watermelon cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup halved Kalamata olives pitted
- 1/2 small sweet onion diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- In a large bowl, add pork, chili powder, coriander, oregano, garlic, lime juice and zest, 2 tablespoons olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Grill pork over medium high heat for 7 to 8 minutes each side until cooked through.
- In a large bowl add, lemon juice, watermelon, feta, olives, onion, mint and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Serve grilled pork chops with watermelon salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Roasted Veggies (Toss any root vegetable (except white potatoes) or combination – plus large Brussels sprouts halved lengthwise, cauliflower or broccoli (all should be the same size – beets take a little longer to cook) in olive oil, salt, pepper and choice of herbs/spices (if desired). Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; roast in a preheated 400-degree oven, turning once, until tender.) VEGETARIAN: Replace pork with Tofu slices. NUTRITION: 534 Calories; 38g Fat (63.9% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 987mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!