Grilled Burgers with Salsa Verde
- 4 medium tomatillos
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef formed into 6 patties
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 hamburger buns grilled
- In a blender or food processor, add tomatillos, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, avocado, olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Blend 1 minute until combined.
- Heat an indoor grill to medium heat. Over medium heat, grill burgers 4 to 5 minutes each side until cooked through. Top with cheese for last minute.
- Place burger in bun and top with salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet Potato Fries (Peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder for Sweet Potato Fries.) VEGETARIAN: Replace beef with Portobello mushrooms. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure hamburger buns are gluten free. NUTRITION: 621 Calories; 41g Fat (59.7% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 117mg Cholesterol; 484mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!