Grilled Barbequed Shrimp and Tomato Salad
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled (fresh or frozen)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 pounds halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, add shrimp, paprika, chile powder, honey, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In medium bowl, add tomatoes and onion. In a blender or food processor, add basil, olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Blend 1 minute. Toss with salad.
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium heat, grill shrimp 2 to 3 minutes per side until cooked through. Toss shrimp with salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Crusty Loaf of Bread serve with butter. VEGETARIAN: Replace shrimp with zucchini. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 333 Calories; 13g Fat; 34g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 230mg Cholesterol; 257mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain; 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 2 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!