Grape and Almond Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 4 cups mixed greens lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the chicken and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- In a large bowl, place the chicken and next 4 ingredients (lettuce through almonds) and toss.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, pour over salad and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a side of steamed broccoli. NUTRITION: 330 Calories; 18g Fat (47.8% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 94mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!