Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Soup
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- In a large pot, over medium heat, add the sausage onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. To the onion mixture, add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Bring soup to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly tender. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!