Creamy Lemon Turkey Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 14-oz. cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1-pound boneless skinless turkey breast chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 large stalk celery chopped
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the pot, add the shallots, garlic and oregano. Cook for 10 minutes, until fragrant.
- To the pot, add the remaining ingredients and cover. Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!