Creamy Chicken and Green Bean Casserole
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a large baking dish with the coconut oil. Add the chicken and potatoes; cover with aluminum foil wrap then bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Allow chicken to cool then shred with two forks.
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes with a fork until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, mashed sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients (green beans through paprika). Arrange mixture in a large baking dish; bake for 15 minutes or until casserole is hot. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 407 Calories; 26g Fat (56.0% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 66mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!