Coconut Lime Salmon and Greens
- 2 cups chopped mustard greens
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 medium salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together first 9 ingredients (mustard greens through garlic); transfer mixture to a large baking dish then place salmon on top.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil wrap; bake for 15 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Asparagus-Egg Salad: Cook asparagus al dente; drain and place on a plate to cool. In a small bowl, whisk together a little white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste; drizzle over asparagus then garnish with grated hard-boiled egg(s). NUTRITION: 345 Calories; 14g Fat (36.3% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 146mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!