Chipotle Sweet Potato Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and shredded
- 8 large leaves romaine lettuce
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients (beef through chipotle chillies). Form beef mixture into patties. Heat grill to high heat and place burgers on the grill.
- Cook for 10 minutes on each side, until burgers reach desired level of doneness.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the onion and sweet potato.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Place burgers on lettuce leaves and top with sautéed onion and sweet potato. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!