Chicken Cauliflower Quiche
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 6 large eggs beat
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14-ounce)can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken and cauliflower and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Oil a large baking dish with the remaining coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, coconut milk to oregano, and the chicken and cauliflower. Pour into the baking dish and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, until eggs are firm.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Roasted Veggies (toss any root vegetable (except white potatoes) or combination – plus large Brussels sprouts halved lengthwise, cauliflower or broccoli (all should be the same size – beets take a little longer to cook) in olive oil, salt, pepper and choice of herbs/spices (if desired). Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; roast in a preheated 400-degree oven, turning once, until tender.) NUTRITION: 355 Calories; 20g Fat (50.0% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 386mg Cholesterol; 196mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!