Cauliflower and Steak Salad
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 pound chopped steak
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small shallot peeled
- To a large skillet add the garlic, onion and steak. Cook over medium heat until beef is brown, about 10 minutes.
- To the beef mixture, add the cauliflower and cilantro. Cook for 7 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
- In a large bowl. Mix the steak mixture with the kale and beans.
- In a blender, blend the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: With a side of steamed broccoli. NUTRITION: 446 Calories; 36g Fat (69.7% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 79mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!