Cajun Fish with Kale
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 pounds white fish chopped
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped bell peppers
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the coconut oil.
- To the skillet add the garlic and onion. To the pan, add the next 7 ingredients (diced tomatoes through honey) and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, until tomatoes have cooked down.
- To the tomato sauce, add the remaining ingredients, fresh white fish to bell peppers, and stir. Cook for 15 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-Fried sliced Zucchini, Yellow Squash and Red Bell Pepper (Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper; cook and stir until tender-crisp.) NUTRITION: 315 Calories; 10g Fat (26.9% calories from fat); 44g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 171mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!