- 1 pound beef sirloin cut into thin strips
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Lightly coat the beef strips with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add in the beef strips and brown both sides, then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter to remaining oil in the pan and cook until softened. Add in sliced mushrooms and onions and cook until the liquid has dried up.
- Add in beef broth and cook until the sauce has thickened. Stir in sour cream, then return the browned meat strips to the pan. Cook for another 3 minutes until meat is heated through.
- Add in chopped green onion and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini and yellow squash. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 338 Calories; 22g Fat (60.9% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 425mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!