Balsamic Maple Steak Salad
- 4 medium steaks of choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar divided
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- In a large reseal able bag, place steaks, olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and garlic. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place steaks on grill and cook for 7 minutes on each side, until steak reaches desired level of doneness. Allow steak to cool, then chop.
- In a large bowl, mix the steak with the lettuce, carrot and avocados.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining balsamic vinegar, avocado oil and coconut aminos together, pour over the salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 428 Calories; 35g Fat (72.4% calories from fat); 19g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 71mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!