Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large baking dish mix the first 6 ingredients (coconut flour through cayenne pepper). In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Dip each chicken strip into the egg mixture and then into the coconut flour mixture and coat chicken evenly. Place each breaded strip on the baking sheet. Bake the chicken for 10 minutes on each side, until chicken is white in the center.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and carrots. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until carrots are slightly tender. Add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve with chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Turnip Fries on the side (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). NUTRITION: 496 Calories; 19g Fat (34.5% calories from fat); 63g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 247mg Cholesterol; 347mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!