Bacon Lemon Cauliflower Salad
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Refrigerate salad for 1 hour before serving (see recipe).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, place a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients (bacon through salt and pepper). Place mixture on the rack; bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp and cauliflower is tender. Remove from oven and allow bacon/cauliflower mixture to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together bacon/cauliflower mixture with remaining ingredients (lemon juice through green onion) then salt and pepper to taste. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve cold.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cabbage and Fennel Slaw: In a large bowl, toss together finely shredded red cabbage and very thinly sliced fennel. Drizzle with orange juice, extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar; toss again then serve. NUTRITION: 573 Calories; 49g Fat (76.8% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 1367mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 7 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!