Bacon and Cauliflower Chowder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large leek chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 14-oz. cans coconut cream
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1 pound bacon cooked and chopped
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the pot, add the first 6 ingredients (onion through carrot) and cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- To the pot, add the next 4 ingredients (salt and pepper through thyme) and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, until soup is hot.
- Stir in bacon and serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!