Bacon and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 large shallot minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 drop liquid stevia
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until dark brown and very crispy, about 15 minutes. Remove the bacon to drain on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat coconut oil over medium heat. To the skillet, add the bacon, shallot and salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes, until broccoli is slightly tender.
- In a large bowl combine the bacon and broccoli. In a small bowl whisk the stevia, lemon juice and olive oil and pour over the stir fry. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: With a side of Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 615 Calories; 51g Fat (74.4% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 1400mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 8 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!