Avocado Cobb Salad
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 large hard boiled eggs peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 1 large avocado peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- DO-AHEAD-TIP: Hard boil eggs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, place bacon. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until bacon is brown and very crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the next 7 ingredients (lettuce through cilantro) and the bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients, olive oil to sea salt and freshly ground pepper, and pout onto the salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini Pasta (julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp.) NUTRITION: 828 Calories; 72g Fat (77.3% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 284mg Cholesterol; 1457mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 11 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!