Asian Grilled Chicken
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- DO-AHEAD-TIP: Marinate chicken for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, add jalapenos, garlic, cilantro, fish sauce, olive oil, Sesame oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Blend 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add chicken and marinade and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium heat. Over medium heat grill chicken for 7 to 8 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini, red bell peppers and squash. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with eggplant. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure fish sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: 301 Calories; 7g Fat (21.0% calories from fat); 55g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 138mg Cholesterol; 154mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!