Asian Beef and Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 pounds sirloin steaks cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped kale
- Add the first 6 ingredients (soy sauce through salt and pepper) together and whisk to combine. Pour marinade into a large bowl and add the steak. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving the marinade, and add to sauté pan with garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove steak with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, kale, and reserved marinade to sauté pan, and stir to combine. Cook for 4 minutes, until the kale is wilted, the sauce has thickened, and the mushrooms have cooked, stirring regularly so that sauce does not burn. Add in the steak, and toss to combine.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice and top with chopped green onions. VEGETARIAN: Use vegetarian steak strips instead of sirloin and vegetable broth instead of beef broth. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce, beef broth and rice wine vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 517 Calories; 31g Fat (54.6% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 125mg Cholesterol; 938mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!