Apple Walnut Chicken Salad
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 drop liquid stevia
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large apple cored and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 pieces low carb bread
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients, (lime juice through salt and pepper) until smooth.
- In a large baking dish place chicken. Pour sauce over the chicken and coat chicken evenly. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Uncover chicken and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl mix the next 4 ingredients (onion through walnuts). Using two forks, shred chicken and mix into the apple mixture.
- On 4 pieces of bread, evenly distribute the spinach and the chicken salad. Top with the remaining 4 pieces and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: With stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper on the side. NUTRITION: 482 Calories; 14g Fat (26.6% calories from fat); 66g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 139mg Cholesterol; 889mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!