Zucchini Soup with Mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large white onions chopped
- 1 pound Idaho potatoes peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 pounds zucchini cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth or use homemade
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add onions; sauté for 5 minutes. Add potatoes and zucchini; sauté for 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add broth and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add mint and cook for 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender (or use an immersion blender) and puree until smooth. Top each serving with cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRTION: Per Serving: 285 Calories; 14g Fat; 11g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 7mg Cholesterol; 1261mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!