Wild Rice and Bleu Cheese Skillet
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons crumbled bleu cheese
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup wild rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound spinach chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare wild rice.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Preheat oven broiler.
- In a large bowl, smoosh together milk and bleu cheese; add eggs and cooked rice; blend well and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion is translucent then season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach; cook until wilted. Add bleu cheese and egg mixture then cover and cook over medium heat until eggs are set on the bottom – DON’T STIR!
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the eggs; place skillet in the oven and broil until eggs are puffy and golden.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced pears drizzled with honey on the side; add some whole grain rolls. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per serving: 204 Calories; 14g Fat; 11g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 193mg Cholesterol; 226mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!