Warm Spinach Salad with Turkey
- 1 package baby spinach
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 cups cooked and cubed turkey
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed, and chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and crumble bacon.
- Place spinach in a large bowl; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; cook until transparent.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium-low; add mushrooms and bell pepper along with turkey cubes; cook and stir until heated through (1 to 2 minutes).
- Spoon hot mixture over the spinach then add crumbled bacon; toss well. Arrange salad on dinner plates.
- Place dressing ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil and cook until brown sugar has dissolved; drizzle hot dressing over salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 292 Calories; 16g Fat (48.7% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 222mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!