Vegetable Smothered Steak
- 16 ounces flank steak
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 small red onion cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steaks overnight (see recipe). Place steak in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour teriyaki sauce over steak then seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- At time of cooking preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and onion; toss to coat thoroughly.
- Place marinated beef on the grill first--it needs 5 to 8 minutes per side, depending on thickness and desired level of doneness.
- Remove steak from the grill to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Next, add vegetables to the grill, using a grill basked or tray; grill until veggies are lightly charred, 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally; remove from grill and keep warm.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain (diagonally) and serve with grilled veggies.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little grass-fed butter, salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: Per Serving: 315 Calories; 19g Fat; 29g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 83mg Cholesterol; 199mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!