Undone Cabbage Roll Skillet
- 1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped
- 8 ounces V-8 vegetable juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, brown the ground beef, adding the chopped onion and garlic as you go. Salt and pepper to taste then drain and blot any fat with paper towels.
- Add the cabbage to the skillet, bit by bit (it will wilt and make room for more – don’t add it all at one time or you’ll have a major mess on your stovetop!).
- Now add the V8 juice (UK folks use tomato juice) to the skillet; bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve on a bed of spaghetti squash and top with a dollop of sour cream. Add braised kale on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add brown rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vegetable juice is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 425 Calories; 29g Fat; 33g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 117mg Cholesterol; 322mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!