- 4 boneless turkey cutlets nice sized pieces--this is your dinner!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine (if you don’t do wine you can use apple juice and a splash of balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream (or canned coconut milk full fat)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- In a skillet, heat oil on medium-high and brown the turkey, about 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the Marsala wine to the pan and continue to cook turkey for another 2 minutes. *Add another 1/4 cup wine if it is evaporating too quickly.
- Remove turkey from skillet and continue to simmer the sauce for about 1 minute to reduce. Add the coconut cream (or coconut milk) and season with thyme and a little more salt and pepper to taste. Spoon sauce over turkey and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Faux-Tay-Toes (see Day 2) and steamed baby Brussels sprouts. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 150 Calories; 5g Fat; 16g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 36mg Cholesterol; 100mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!