Turkey Cheese Bake
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 zucchini chopped
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM heat, stir in ground turkey and olive oil.
- Sauté for 10 minutes.
- In a coated 9x13 inch baking pan, pour in skillet mixture and all remaining ingredients, from zucchini through salt and pepper. Stir together to mix well.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Serve hot from oven.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised Kale (Remove ribs from greens. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Gradually add greens and cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; add 1 cup of water or broth and salt and pepper to taste; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.) NUTRITION: 361 Calories; 23g Fat (56.8% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 110mg Cholesterol; 359mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!