Turkey Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large mushroom caps
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the first 6 ingredients (turkey through salt and pepper) and sauté for 10 minutes, until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Spoon turkey mixture into the mushrooms and place on a large baking sheet. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big tossed salad with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 199 Calories; 10g Fat (44.4% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 131mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!