Turkey and Broccoli Slaw Patties
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. To the skillet add the broccoli slaw and onion. Cook for 10 minutes, until slaw is tender and onion is translucent. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and the cool slaw and onion mixture. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour. Form meat and slaw mixture into patties.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining coconut oil over medium heat. Place patties in the skillet and cook for 10 minutes on each side, until meat is cooked and no longer pink in the center and cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Sweet Potato Fries (Peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and (garlic powder for Turnip Fries and chili powder for Sweet Potato Fries.) NUTRITION: 289 Calories; 21g Fat (65.6% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 141mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!