- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 medium trout fillets
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 2 medium lemons juiced
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge trout fillets, shaking off excess, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add trout; cook for 5 minutes per side or until golden on the outside and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- To the same skillet, add the almonds; cook over medium heat for 1 minute or until golden. Add lemon juice and cook for 1 minute. Serve fillets with the almond lemon sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use large portabella mushroom caps in place of the fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure semolina flour is gluten free. NUTRTION: Per Serving: 309 Calories; 19g Fat; 21g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol; 151mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!