Taco Turkey Bowls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onion until soft. Add in the ground turkey and seasonings, (cayenne through garlic). Break the turkey up with a wooden spoon while cooking.
- Once the mixture is completely cooked through stir in the cilantro, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In 4 medium bowls, line the bottom and sides with the lettuce leaves. Scoop in the ground turkey mixture and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste, ground cumin, chopped green onion and lime juice to taste; fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 457 Calories; 18g Fat (31.3% calories from fat); 49g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 28g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 210mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 8 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!