Sweet Potato Pork Chili
- 1 2-pound pork shoulder cubed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 small jalapeños chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 12-oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- In a large bowl place the first 4 ingredients (pork through coriander) and mix well.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. To the skillet, add the pork and the onion. Cook for 10 minutes, until pork is brown. To the skillet, add the remaining ingredients and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, until pork is tender and cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a big Spinach salad on the side. NUTRITION: 451 Calories; 27g Fat (53.7% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 91mg Cholesterol; 418mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!