Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Kale Chips
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients. Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy. Be careful not to burn.
- Remove from oven, allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes then enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I accidentally overcooked these, so it’s hard to say how it turned out, but I think even if I hadn’t overcooked them they would have been too spicy for my taste. I left off the red pepper flakes but otherwise followed the instructions, and I think it was still too spicy. Perhaps with half the amount of cayenne pepper that it calls for it would have been good. I would also probably double the recipe since it didn’t make a ton of kale chips for the effort that it took to make it. I would like to try this recipe again with these adjustments!