Sweet Bean Burritos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 cans black beans drained
- 1 2 medium sweet potatoes cooked and mashed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 tablespoons grated low fat cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and cook onions and garlic until soft.
- Add beans, stir in the mashed sweet potatoes, add the cumin and mix well.
- Heat tortillas and plop bean mixture inside; add cilantro and cheese; roll up burrito-style and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and cauliflower. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure that the beans and cumin are gluten free. Also substitute gluten free corn tortillas for the flour. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 567 Calories; 11g Fat; 23g Protein; 94g Carbohydrate; 14g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 401mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!