Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers with Broccoli Salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag. In a large bowl, whisk together the next 5 ingredients (coconut aminos through salt and pepper) and pour the mixture into the bag. Seal bag and place chicken in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Thread chicken onto large skewers. Place skewers on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining 6 ingredients (broccoli through lime juice) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve chicken with salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender of food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 254 Calories; 6g Fat (19.3% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 175mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!