Stir Fried Asian Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 teaspoons ginger grated
- 1 red bell pepper cut into short, thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups snow pea pods fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 3 cups brown rice cooked
- **If your rice isn't cooked, start it now so it will be ready in time.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, garlic and ginger, stir-frying 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside. Add bell pepper and snow peas to skillet; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Combine broth and cornstarch; mix well.
- Add broth mixture, hoisin sauce and soy sauce to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken mixture; stir-frying 1 minute more or until chicken is cooked through.
- Spoon chicken mixture over rice; sprinkle with green onions and peanuts.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A salad is all you need. VEGETARIAN: Use Veat Chick’n Free Nuggets or a can of white beans, drained. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure the sesame oil, broth, cornstarch, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and rice are all gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 316 Calories; 8g Fat; 41g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 547mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!